Get Started

“Got Questions? We Have Answers!”

We are proud of our reputation in the parking industry and look to ensure that we treat everyone fairly and reasonably. To help assist you with any queries that you may have regarding a Parking Charge Notice we have provided answers to some of the frequently asked questions below.

If you can’t find the answer to your question here, please contact us and we will be happy to help.

Can I park my car on the road without MOT?

Yes, parking without MOT is allowed but it does mean that you are relieved from the legal requirement to have a valid MOT certificate. MOT stands for Ministry of Transport test and is an annual inspection of your vehicle’s safety, whether it is safe if, your vehicle is on the public road. If your vehicle’s MOT has expired, you should not drive it on public roads until it passes the inspection. There are chances that some areas can restrict you from long-term parking if you don’t have a MOT.

What to do when someone hits your parked car UK?

STEP 1: We would suggest that you should report the Incident as soon as possible and contact the police by dialing (101) and provide them with all the necessary details. Also, the official report is crucial for claiming insurance.

STEP 2: While you wait for authorities you should take photos of the accident. If possible, note the license plate of the other vehicle, and collect the statements of the witness. These documents are vital for claiming insurance.

STEP 3: Try to contact your insurance provider as soon as possible and provide them with the details of the incident. You should be aware, what are your rights and responsibilities during the process.

STEP 4: In case of any complications or disputes that occur with the insurance company, consult with a legal advisor who has expertise in traffic incidents.

How to park a car?

Find a spot where you can park legally. While you park your car watch for obstacles. Position your car in a way that your car can get parked in the parking space. Move into the parking spot carefully and then you can adjust to align your vehicle properly.  After you’ve followed these steps and parked your vehicle properly turn off the engine and exit safely.

Is car park management legal in the UK?

Yes, Car park management is legal in the UK. But, there are some very strict rules and regulations for car park management which the car park owners need to follow. In UK the private parking companies operate under different regulations as compared to local authorities or government entities.

Can you get away with not paying a private parking ticket?

It is more likely that you won’t get away without paying a private parking ticket. If you believe that the ticket was unfairly issued against you then you can appeal against it but if you try to get away without paying it then the private parking company may take legal action against you and you may have to pay more than you were supposed to. Ultimately, we would suggest you that do not try to get away without paying your private parking ticket.

How to use a pay and display car park?

Using a pay-and-display car park is not that difficult. Here are some steps on how you can use pay and display car park:

àFirstly, you need to find an available parking spot in a car park which has the facility of pay and display.

àNow, look for the payment point. Usually, the payment point would be a machine or kiosk where you will be able to pay for your parking.

àAfter that, either use a card for payment or you can make an online transaction through your phone to pay for the desired parking duration.

To avoid fines, make sure that you pay for the correct amount of time.

à After you make the payment, the machine will issue a ticket. This ticket will display when the time of your parking will expire.

NOTE: Place the ticket on the front of your vehicle’s windshield in a way that the enforcement officers can see it easily from outside.

How DVSA uses ANPR and why?

The DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency), uses ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition), to enforce vehicle regulations and ensure road safety. ANPR technology provides DVSA with a powerful tool for monitoring and enforcing various aspects of vehicle and road safety regulations to maintain high standards on British roads.

Can the public access ANPR data?

No one can access the ANPR data as the company is bound by the rules and regulations of GDPR. If the company allows anyone to access the data, then it will be a threat to the integrity and confidentiality of the parking management system.

What happens if you get caught by an ANPR camera?

It depends on whether the vehicle breached some parking or traffic rules and regulations. If the vehicle caught was involved in activities like unauthorized parking or the vehicle overstayed at a carpark, then the ANPR may issue a parking charge notice (PCN) against that particular vehicle.

What triggers an ANPR camera?

ANPR cameras are the cameras that get triggered by the vehicles as soon as the vehicles get in the vision of ANPR cameras. The ANPR cameras can be activated when a vehicle enters or exits a particular area where ANPR cameras are mounted to monitor the entry and exit points. They read the number plates of a vehicle to extract the data of that particular vehicle.

I have Received a PCN from Euro Parking Services, I want to make an appeal

If you wish to contest the Parking Charge Notice you can do so by submitting your appeal on our website or writing to the addresses below. All correspondence sent to us should include the Parking Charge Notice serial number, your vehicle registration mark, your full name, full address and the name of the driver (if different) and any supporting evidence.

All appeals should be marked for the attention of our Appeals Department. Upon receipt of your appeal the Parking Charge Notice will be placed on hold for the duration of the appeals procedure. Please allow up to 21 days for your appeal to be processed.

When will I get a response to my appeal?

We will respond to your appeal within 28 days via the same method you appealed:

1. Postal appeals – we will post the response to the address provided in your appeal letter.
2. Online appeals – we will email the response to the email address provided in your appeal letter.
It is the responsibility of the appellant to ensure that the correspondence details provided for their appeal response are correct.

If you do not hear from us within 28 days, please contact us on 01218249983 .

I have appealed but not heard back from my appeal within the time frame and the discounted charge is due to go up, should I to pay it?

If you have made an appeal within the timeframe of the discounted charge of £60.00, then the PCN will remain on hold at this amount until your appeal has been responded to.

If your appeal is declined, then you will have a further 14 days to pay the discounted charge. However, if you don’t appeal or make any payments in the time frame given you will lose the option of paying the discounted rate and the full charge of £100 will apply.

The PCN has been sent to my old address

We receive Registered Keeper details from the DVLA, and it is the responsibility of the Registered Keeper to ensure the address held by the DVLA is up to date and correct. Registered Keepers of vehicles need to ensure their address is updated not only on their driving licence, but also in their log book by completing a V5C form. Details of amending your address with the DVLA can be found on their website.

Can I discuss my appeal with Euro Parking Services over the phone?

Due to legal procedures, we are unable to make appeal adjudications over the phone. All enquiries must be forwarded in writing. We are however happy to answer any questions that you have regarding the appeal process.

How can I pay my parking charge notice?

You can pay the parking charge notice online, through our 24-hour telephone payment line or alternatively sending a cheque/Postal order to the address below.

By Post: Office 2
51 Pinfold Street
B2 4AY.

How do Euro Parking Services get hold of my personal details?

Regulation 27 of the Road Vehicles (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2002 requires the DVLA to release information from its vehicle register to anybody who demonstrates ‘reasonable cause’ to have information made available to them. Unauthorised parking on private land is designated as ‘reasonable cause

I have received a County Court Judgement (CCJ) what can i do?

If you have been taken to the county court for failing to pay outstanding charges, then you would have been issued with a county court judgement (CCJ) if the judgement was made in our favour. This will stay on your credit rating for a long time and will hinder, or even prevent, you getting any kind of credit.

If you want to settle this debt then you will need to contact Gladstone’s Solicitors directly on 01565 755088, or via their website –

The Parking machine was out of order when I parked, I still received a PCN

If the machine is not working, it is the responsibility of the driver as to what to do next, you can call the number provided on the signage, The signage on-site states that enforcement takes place 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and by choosing to remain on the land, you will be in breach of the terms and conditions which may result in a PCN being issued.

Our advice is to call our office on 01218249983 (Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm), or park elsewhere where you can adhere to the terms and conditions.

Who has authorised Euro Parking Services to enforce on this land?

We are in contract with the landowner to provide parking enforcement on this land, therefore have a legitimate interest in issuing PCNs when a breach of the terms and conditions occur. As members of the IPC – – we have a strict audit process we must adhere to before we are authorised to issue a PCN.

We often get appeals asking for a copy of the landowner authority, however due to data protection, we cannot give this document out. If PCN reaches litigation and is taken to court, then all the documents will be produced to the court.

I sold this Vehicle Prior to the contravention, what do I need to do to get me details removed?

DVLA still has you as the registered keeper at the time of the offence, if you have already informed them it can take a couple of weeks for the DVLA to update their records however If you have the new keeper details, you can provide these to us via Email or post.

If you don’t have such details, you will need to contact the DVLA and request, dated, written confirmation from them that you were not the registered keeper at the time and provide us with a copy of this.

I have received a Final Demand from Euro Parking Services but no respond to my appeal

If the appeal has been received, a response will be provided within 28 days, either to your email address or in the post, however it is the responsibility of the appellant to ensure the correspondence details they have provided for their appeal are correct. Be sure to check your junk and spam folders as they may have gone there. If you have checked and still cannot locate a response, call the office on 08451210065 to discuss your options.

I Parked and displayed my blue badge (Disables badge), however I still received a PCN?

Disabled badges, also more commonly known as blue badges, are only valid on the highways in the correct areas, However Blue Badges do not give you free parking on our sites and full tariffs apply at all times, they do however give you the ability to park in marked disabled bays on sites that have them, as long as you ensure that your blue badge is clearly displayed on your dashboard.

If you are unsure, please refer to the signage on site when parking your vehicle.

My appeal with Euro Parking Services has been declined can i appeal again?

If your appeal has been declined by our internal appeals team, then you can appeal further to the Independent Appeals Service (IAS). All information on how to appeal to the IAS will be provided in your appeal decline letter from us.

How do I make a complaint?

If you wish to make a complaint, you can do so either in writing to our address or by complaints email provided on our website.

I did not leave my vehicle, however I was still issued a PCN by Euro Parking Services

If you remain on the land for longer than the consideration period without purchasing a pay and display ticket, even if you don’t leave your vehicle or have your engine running’s, you may be liable for a PCN. All the signage on site advises drivers of the applicable consideration period which is to allow a driver to read the signage and make an informed decision as to whether or not to remain on the land

Can you send me a copy of the contract between Euro Parking Services and the land owner?

We are unable to provide copies of our contracts between us and the landowner/managing agent due to data protection. However, should the case be taken to the county court to recover a debt, a redacted copy will be produced to the courts, or in the litigation process.

Does Euro Parking Services take photographs as evidence?

All of our operatives are trained to the highest standard and for each parking charge issued, they take numerous pictures to record the event, all of which are date and time-stamped.

ANPR cameras monitor ANPR sites and these record images of vehicles entering and exiting sites, which are also date and time stamped.

there are additional images available on our website should you wish to see them.

Can I pay my PCN in instalments issued by Euro Parking Services?

We are unable to set up payment plans, however, if you are having financial problems please call us on 01218249983 and we may be able to guide you on the next steps.