Managing a car park manually can be a daunting task that involves unnecessary expenses, such as hiring staff. Automating car parks to make them more efficient and generate maximum revenue is best. The question is, how can one automate their parking lot? The answer is simple – by integrating the latest technology and parking systems. For instance, an ANPR system can significantly reduce the need for car park owners to keep an eye on entering and exiting vehicles in a car park. Let’s compare how ANPR systems work to traditional car park systems.
How Does the ANPR System Work?
ANPR system is integrated with hi-tech CCṬV cameras, which use optical character recognition (OCR) to read and capture the licence plate from the vehicle; it also has a built-in recognition system. These licence plates are charged upon entry and exit of the car, and the built-in recognition system identifies the authorised vehicles and issues PCN against the unauthorised vehicles.
Revolutionising Parking Management with Automated Number Plate Recognition
Before ANPR came into existence, traditional car park management systems were used on a large scale, which used manual barrier systems, CCTV surveillance and depended on a heavy workforce. The conventional method has many limitations, but the ANPR system overcomes all these limitations. We have talked about the limitations and how ANPR overcomes these limitations in the following section:
- Time-Consuming: There is a long waiting period for entry and exit in the car park due to the manual operation of barriers, parking tickets, and payments, which leads to customer frustration. With the ANPR system, the entry and exit become automated, and time is saved.
- Maintenance and management: The traditional parking system is heavily dependent on its care and management of the workforce, which results in errors in enforcing parking rules and regulations related to illegal parking and parking charges. With the ANPR system, the dependency on the workforce has been reduced significantly, which has reduced the errors in enforcement of parking rules and regulations.
- Handling Disputes: Resolving parking disputes can be time-consuming and leads to disagreement as there is no evidence regarding unauthorised parking, parking charges and ticket validation in traditional parking systems, but with a built-in recognition system in ANPR, every record is maintained automatically.
- Security: Traditional parking systems often need proper security measures and maintain records manually, leading to a high risk of errors. Automated Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) technology can significantly reduce such risks by providing a more secure and efficient system for recording and storing vehicle information.
- Carbon Footprint: The traditional car park system relies on physical parking tickets, leading to more paper usage and longer waiting times, resulting in higher vehicle carbon emissions. Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) technology helps reduce car parks’ environmental footprint by reducing paper usage and minimising waiting times for customers.
An Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system can be a game-changer in the management of car parks. This advanced technology addresses the limitations of traditional parking systems and offers a range of benefits.
The most significant benefit of ANPR systems is their ability to eliminate the time-consuming aspects of manual car park management. By automating entry and exit processes, as well as payment transactions, customers spend less time waiting. This not only enhances the overall user experience but also optimises vehicle flow within the parking facility.
ANPR systems bring about a revolution in parking management by making operations more efficient, enhancing security, and promoting eco-friendliness. By using ANPR technology, car park owners and operators can optimise their revenue generation while providing a more convenient and streamlined experience for their customers. Embracing ANPR technology is a significant step towards modernising car parks and enhancing their functionality in the digital age.
Request a Free Proposal & Site Survey Today!